Tel: 02920 867222 fax: 02920 867333

News Article

Re: Hotel prosecuted under RRO

Hotel Group Pays £127,000 Fine

The Hallmark Manchester – formerly the Belfry House Hotel in Wilmslow – was visited by firefighters in April 2008 during renovations. According to Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service, they were so concerned about what they found that fire safety officers were brought in the same day and served a prohibition notice closing the hotel.

The court heard that there was no operable automatic detection or manual call points on the third floor of the 160-capacity hotel, while on other floors there were faulty smoke detectors and substandard fire exits. Also staff had not been properly trained in fire safety. Source: Info4Fire


Date Published: 13/05/2011
(c) Fire-Rite UK Ltd 2011  |   Privacy Policy  |  Disclaimer