Job and Person Specification
We are a market leader in Wales and the West with a growing number of clients throughout the UK, over 4200 to date, from both the public and private sector. The main business activities of our organisation are planned preventative maintenance contracts, to which we also provide a reactive service 24 hours, 356 days per year for all of the below:
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
- Nurse Call Systems
- Access Control Systems
- CCTV Systems
- Escape Lighting Systems
- Portable Appliance Testing
- Portable Fire Fighting Equipment
- Suppression Systems
- Dry Risers
- Passive Fire Protection/Compartmentation
- Sign Surveys
- Evacuation Aids
We are currently seeking to recruit a qualified/experienced Fire Alarm Engineer to cover the Wales & South West region. There may be an occasional requirement to work further afield as the workload dictates.
The role of Fire Alarm Engineer will include
- To ensure all work is carried out to a standard that satisfies the customer and the company (BS5839 Pt 1:2017, BS5266 & ISO 9001:2015)
- Liaising closely with clients to ensure their fire risks are minimised and ensuring compliance with British Safety standards.
- To maintain fire alarm, nurse call and emergency lighting systems and any other equipment on service contracts plus reactive calls as required.
- To ensure the safe delivery of equipment to the customer within the agreed timescales
- Planning allocated work to ensure customers within your area are serviced in a timely manner.
- To sell and promote all of Fire-rite’s services to new and existing customers- undertaking surveys and providing quotations for customers
- Recording work and findings on a personal digital device (training will be given).
- To consistently achieve agreed performance targets
- Liaising with the Service Coordinator, as required.
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.30pm
- As a Fire Alarm Engineer, you will need to be able to work independently as you will mainly be field based. Full training and support will be given by Head Office.
- You will be required to work a one in six week on call rota
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of all aspects of Fire Alarm, Nurse Call and Emergency lighting systems
- Full Driving license
- Good communication skills
- Salary dependent on experience
- 23 days holiday (excl bank holidays)
- Stakeholder pension
- Full training will be provided for this position
Please contact us if you would like an opportunity to work for an established, fast growing, professional and friendly company.
Get in touch, please call 029 2086 7222 or email email@example.com