To ensure all work is carried out to a standard that satisfies the customer and the company (BS5839 Pt 1:2017, BS5266 & ISO 9001:2015)
Installation, Maintenance & Reactive Works
- Liaising closely with clients to ensure their fire risks are minimised and ensuring compliance with British Safety standards.
- To maintain fire alarm, nurse call and emergency lighting systems and any other equipment on service contracts.
- Planning allocated work to ensure customers within your area are serviced in a timely manner.
- Liaising with the Service Coordinator, as required.
- Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.30pm
- As a Fire Alarm Engineer, you will need to be able to work independently as you will mainly be field based. Full training and support will be given by Head Office.
- BS7671 – NVQ level 3 qualified preferred, not essential
- Experience of all aspects of Fire Alarm, Nurse Call and Emergency lighting systems
- Full Driving license
- Good communication skills