The apprentice fire stopping engineer will be working under supervision of an experienced fire stopping engineer, who will spend time training you up regarding fitting fire doors.
You will be working on live / occupied buildings to include working in confined spaces, work will involve;-
- Install fire stopping to fire doors
- Small to large penetrations
- Use of ablative batts
- Replace Fire Door sets
- The role will involve learning site measurement/surveys to measure and condition check for replacement or repairable fire doors.
- Installation of Fire doors and carrying out repairs in line with test evidence to demonstrate compliance.
- Compliance Removal of existing sets, liaising with clients for access, ensure materials are stored and transported in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines.
- To provide an efficient and effective service to customers.
- To work as part of a team.
- To contribute to the development and success of the company.
- To keep the Passive Fire Protection Manager up to date on progress
or potential delays.